The Mailing and Data Services Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the mailing department. This includes everything from double checking others work to operating mailing machinery when needed.
Email your resume using the application form below or call 603-456-3101 to schedule an interview.
- Benefits: Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Retirement, Medical & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Expected Hours: 40 – 45 per week
- Schedule: Monday – Friday
- Work Location: In-Person Warner, NH
- Ensuring each and every order is produced to the order specs while meeting delivery deadlines.
- Contributing to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintaining personal productivity and quality standards.
- Working closely with other staff members to exceed customer satisfaction and service expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set up, operate and trouble shoot all inkjet, tabbing, and inserter equipment. (As Needed)
- Capable of reading and understanding job ticket instructions.
- Review and approve all mailing panel artwork from prepress, assuring the mailing panel meets postal specifications.
- Create new mailing job tickets based on POs received from our other facilities.
- Place orders and produce a PO for mailing supplies and mailing machine parts.
- Review and close out billing at the end of each month.
- Purchase mailing lists from an outside vendor when requested.
- Answer all mailing related questions submitted by customers and fellow employees.
- Research and stay up to date on all new mailing regulations from USPS.
- Purchase postage stamps through online Stamps.com or through local post offices.
- Maintain a mailing production schedule working with the Bindery manager.
- Double check and sign off on all mailing tickets before being sent to Bindery.
- Responsible for ensuring proper training on process, quality, and safety procedures.
- Participates in on-going training.
- Has former managerial experience.
- Proficient with computers and all applicable software.
- Has a thorough knowledge of USPS postal regulations
- Good mathematical skills: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to read and use a ruler.
- Able to apply a variety of written instructions furnished in written or oral form; read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedural manuals, and work orders.
- Strong interpersonal skills-team player with strong attention to detail.
- Reliable attendance, punctuality and attention to work station.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and walk up to 8 hours or more per day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Fast-paced environment subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
- May work overtime.
Additional Duties: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed and is not all inclusive. They represent the typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.